We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past, we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
As an aerodynamic engineer, you will be responsible to improve the aerodynamics on the outside and/or the inside of the solar car. You will become an expert in the latest CAD, meshing and simulation programs, need to work closely with other departments to push technical limits and gain deep insights into the aerodynamics of a car. Your main goal is to limit the overall air resistance of the solar car by using your general feeling with aerodynamics, your creative mind and your attention to details. Later in the project, you will be able to verify your improvements in a wind tunnel and during test days.
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- General feeling with aerodynamics phenomena and how to influence them
- Eye for detail and finishing
- CFD knowledge is a plus
- Soft skills to initiate collaboration with companies
- A creative, out-of-the-box mindset
- A hands-on approach to problems
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering Science or Engineering Technology
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world-class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!