We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
It is quite a logistical challenge to get a solar car, a workshop and all kinds of support material past international customs. You will be both technically aware of all the work and production equipment that will be used continuously, but also camping equipment and utilities, among other things. A structured approach is required and will save a lot of time during the race preparation phase. This is also a function not to be underestimated during the race itself! In addition, the Solar Team is often on the road visiting partners and organizing events. This also involves a lot of logistics. In short, you are a central point of contact within the team to make sure things run smoothly, both technically and in terms of support! This position can be combined with any other position within the team. You have all-round skills and are involved in all activities of the Solar Team.
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- An extrovert, enterprising attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Able to plan months in advance
- A direct approach to containing different companies and instances
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering Science, Engineering Technology or Business Engineering
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!