Low Voltage Engineer
We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
As a Low Voltage engineer, you take responsibility for the software system of the car. You will understand its components and design the most efficient and reliable PCB's, because every watt counts! Software is omnipresent: bidirectional wireless monitoring of the car, battery management system, tire pressure monitoring system, motor controller algorithms, communication equipment for the solar convoy... Your own input in delivering the best car in terms of energy efficiency is very much required! You will work closely together with the High Voltage engineer in the Energy Department.
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude
- Interest in electronics, wireless communication, PCB design and programming
- Soft skills to initiate collaboration with companies
- A creative, out-of-the-box mindset
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering Science or Engineering Technology
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!