We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
During your first month, you will learn to work with simulation and CAD software, in parallel to hands-on experience with the previous solar cars. These insight will help you to design the mechanical innovations for the next race. After the CAD design, you will analyse the internal forces and stresses through FEM simulations. The goal is to create a light, smart and reliable design, ready for manufacturing! What innovations you will work on, is up to you and the team, but opportunities are not scarce: adaptive suspension to improve stability, develop the a new tilting system to capture more energy from the sun more quickly during charging periods, replacing parts by lightweight 3D - printed parts, improving the mechanical design of the electromotor... These are all examples that will move our team forward, yet remember that your limit is your creativity!
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- An professional, entrepreneurial attitude
- Huge interest in vehicle dynamics
- Soft skills to initiate collaboration with companies
- You like both design, and assembly work
- A creative, out-of-the-box mindset
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering Science or Engineering Technology
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Hours of mechanical and vehicle dynamics experience in a professional and simulation environment
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!