We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
As a teamleader, your first and foremost responsibility is the well-being of the team and every team member. You will provide an inspiring, structured atmosphere in which the team can work effectively and efficiently. You will not have a clear agenda: problems and challenges will present themselves along the way every day, and it is your goal to overcome them with the team. You will represent the team externally and as such you are the point of contact for the race organisation and the teams most important partners. You are the one having the overview of the teams activities, you will support the team where necessary. During crisis times, you will be the one taking well-thought decisions, in line with the visions of the team, and its stakeholders.
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- An extrovert and entrepreneurial attitude
- Negotiation skills
- A patient listener who, with the teams input, can make the right decisions
- A strong technical interest and sufficient practical insight
- Soft skills to initiate collaboration with companies
- A bachelor or master degree in Engineering Science, Engineering Technology or Business Engineering
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!