We contribute to the future of mobility. Innovation has always been our cornerstone to create the best solar car in the world. This year, we are looking for pioneers to challenge the status quo and bring our top-notch solar car to the next level. You will have to go through the process of researching, designing, prototyping and testing your systems together with a group of highly motivated, ambitious students. You will work together with numerous companies and a vast network of Solar Team alumni to develop new innovations. This project will help you become a state of the art engineer! Not convinced yet? Well, as the cherry on top, during the race you will demonstrate your winning car against other solar car teams from all over the world! Which race is yet to be determined, but in the past we have raced in Australia, Chili, Abu Dhabi and Zolder. Have a look on our web page "History", follow us on Social Media and watch a video on our YouTube channel to learn more!
Marketing is indispensable in any organization. To build a competitive solar car, a lot of resources are needed, both materially and financially. Acquiring and maintaining partners is vital. Visibility of the Solar Team is the way to give partners the necessary return and to promote renewable energy and entrepreneurship among young people. Marketing is a versatile department that performs a variety of tasks. You will come into contact with many new partners, try to finance the many dreams of the technical department and don't let any opportunity pass. Within the marketing department, there are different tasks and responsibilities and you will have to work closely together to bring them all to a successful end.
Business Relations: You will be responsible for both maintaining current partners and seeking new contacts. You will go through the entire process of networking to negotiating with companies in a professional manner and closing contracts.
External Communication: You represent what the Solar Team stands for and will have to communicate this to the outside world. It is your job to create the character of the organization through various channels. You manage social media, make contacts with the press, write newsletters, create content (photos and videos)…
Events: Organizing different events falls under your responsibility. Think of partner events, the car show, the Solar Olympics and hopefully a victory celebration!
Finance: All funds acquired by the company relations also need to be managed. As Finance, you will be responsible for creating a budget and keeping track of the accounts and all financial decisions made within the team.
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills
- You know how to seize opportunities
- A professional, mature and entrepreneurial attitude
- A creative and out-of-the-box mindset
- A direct but diplomatic approach towards companies
- You can work independently
- Interest in the technical side of the project
- Bachelor/Master in Industrial Engineering or Business Engineering
- Ready to put a lot of time and effort into this project!
- Discover true engineering from concept to execution and measure up to the world class teams
- Graduate with more experience than any other engineering student
- Contact and collaborate with leading companies in the industry
- Broaden your professional network
- The experience of your lifetime, and so much more!